26.6.12

...and the results are back

Thanks to my friends, my heightened awareness to all things not so normal has basically saved my life.

After I had my biospy, I googled "foot melanoma" and it wasn't good. Once you have melanoma on your foot discovered, chances are it's already spread.

We caught mine in this phase: Moderate Abnormal Cells.
The next one goes like: Severe Abnormal, then Melanoma (or so the nurse said)

SO basically, we caught it just in time.

I get the stitches out tomorrow morning. I cried a lot today. thank you thank you thank you thank you. this is not the first time this has happened to me, and I can bet it will not be the last.

I cried for my friend Ava, who passed away in March, by her own doing. She was amazing and talented and kind. I will write more when I can. The story of how I met Ava is great. I will never forget her. She was one of the most sincere and kind people on the planet.
http://youtu.be/JoWQrXTNW8A


I also cried a little bit for someone I hardly knew, who lost his battle with stupid cancer. He was very very kind and a good family man, and very funny, and a lot of my friends loved and adored him. So my heart aches for him and his loved ones today as well.

Today I cried for not knowing how I am going to afford all of the therapy and programs my son is going to need. I cried because even though I am so lucky to have a sweet and loving little boy, he has a disability which can possibly stand in the way of ever living a normal life. I wanted to give him every opportunity to be a successful, independent adult. I am just glad we got the diagnosis now, because early intervention is best with Autism. Today he drew a perfect letter A. A skill he had last year that I thought he had lost. He's still super duper smart, but he can't express pain, how he feels, if he's got to go potty, or hold even a toddler conversation. His vocabulary is astounding. Words like presentation and question without being able to tell us his tooth hurt. I will write more on the other blog I am writing about our experience with this, but I think I wanna just go cuddle him now.

Aunt Claudia, I wish you were here today. I need you. I love you. I miss you.
Stupid Cancer.

1 commentaire:

Peggy a dit...

Stupid cancer indeed. I hear you lovely.